04 Jul Clean & lean beetroot burgers with white beans and chickpeas
Beetroots are an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fibre, manganese and potassium.
Preparation & cooking: 30 minutes - if using pre-cooked ingredients
Calories: low, eat your fill.
Tools you may need: pan or grill, hand blender
- 250g cooked beetroot, cut in the small cubes (can be pre – cooked from the packet, in its natural juice)
- 250g cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (can be from the tin)
- 250g cooked white beans, drained and rinsed (can be from the tin)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- juice of one lemon
- 100g of blended oats or optionally 100g of flower
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped chive
- salt, pepper
- 1. Heat the pan, add little bit of oil.
- 2. Fry onion, celery, garlic and cumin together (for 2-3 minutes).
- 3. In the bowl, blend together chickpeas, beans and lemon juice (use hand blender).
- 4. Add the previously fried onion, celery and garlic.
- 5. Add chopped beetroot and chopped chive.
- 6. Season with pepper and salt.
- 7. Add blended oats or flour.
- 8. Mix well all together.
- 9. Shape the burgers (about 180g each).
- 10. Heat the pan, add oil. Or light your grill!
Serve with your favourite salad. I highly recommend to use beetroot grean leaves in the salad, which are rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C.